Tour du Canada – Fees and Dates
- Dates and Fees
- What's Included
- Fee Payment
- Contact Us
The dates and fees for Tour du Canada 2013 have now been confirmed by the Board of Directors. The dates are subject to re-confirmation after Marine Atlantic (Newfoundland Ferry) publishes its schedule for the 2013 season. There will be up to 38 cyclists participating in Tour du Canada 2013, you can send in your membership form and tour application form now.
- Membership in Tour du Canada: $30.00 (valid for two Tour du Canada years and renewable).
- For returning riders membership renewal for 3 years is required at a cost of $25.00.
- 2013 Tour du Canada Fee: $4,430.00 per person, in Canadian dollars. ( plus HST).
- There is a contingency fuel surcharge in place in case of a sudden surge in energy prices.
- Tour du Canada Dates: June 19, 2013 to August 30, 2013.
- The event fee includes a portion paid to Tour du Canada for shared costs and a portion (plus HST) paid to Cycle Canada as organizer of the event. Included in the Tour fee amount is a non refundable registration fee, currently $100
- The deposit is made in two stages depost, currently $600 due upon registration and $1,000.00 due February 1, 2013.
- Final payment is due March 15, 2013.
- If applying after February 1 please include the deposit and February 1 payment.
Membership is a requirement for participation in Tour du Canada. Included in the membership package is:
- Detailed trip preparation information.
- Membership in the Tour du Canada Network, a secure discussion group where past and future riders can exchange information.
The Tour Fee – What's included
The following is a summary of key components of the Tour fee:
- A truck and driver(s) to carry rider gear, field kitchen and galley supplies.
- Major Ferry fees.
- Three meals a day. Riders cook (and cleanup) as a group and share in galley duty. Riders will need at least basic cooking skills. Meal plans stress the high-carbohydrate diet needed by active cyclists. Approximately 1/3 of the dinner meals are vegetarian (may include dairy products)
- Cooking equipment is provided and daily group food supplies are purchased by Tour vehicle driver.
- Accommodation is paid at pre-arranged locations. At a few locations we stay indoors, typically at university residences. Indoor accommodation is shared or single, but mainly it's camping with your own tent over your head at nights.
- When riding, you carry what you need for the day (typically a camera, lunch, on-the- road tool kit and a rain shell).
- Daily route sheets and drawn maps exclusively for the use of participants during the Tour. These sheets and maps are copyright protected and remain the property of Cycle Canada, The Veloforce Corporation.
- Celebration party in St. John's where riders get a certificate for completion.
- Tour du Canada jersey, reflective triangle and water bottle at start of the ride.
Payment methods for fees are by Canadian Cheque, Money Order, Interac Transfer (Canada) and Swift (outside Canada). Please refer to the "Paying Your Fees Memo" here: TdC Fees Memo.
Cheque or money order should be made to Tour du Canada. Please contact us for wire transfer details. top
Apply to ride the Tour du Canada
Tour du Canada Bursary
Funds, in the form of a bursary, will be available to students and recent graduates 25 years or younger who are participating in Tour du Canada. Past riders, friends and family members are invited to contribute to a fund that will help finance this Bursary.
If you wish to make a donation to the Bursary Fund, please visit the secure on-line Donation page here: Bursary Donation. If you wish to apply for a Bursary please visit the Application page here: Bursary Application top
Fundraising and Sponsorship
Fundraising and/or sponsorship and promotion is not permitted on Tour du Canada. If you wish to ride across Canada and raise funds, be sponsored or promote a cause please visit: Tour TransCanada
Tour du Canada's mission is to promote inter-provincial bicycle tours and other advocacy work. Please read our mission statement. Cycle Canada also contributes to projects such as the Tour du Canada Bursary and cycling advocacy. top
If you have any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 1-800-214-7798 (705-434-1100 outside North America).
It's in Canada and a great day for a bike ride